The governing body of Belize’s Tourism Industry, focused on progressive and sustainable developments.
The Belize Tourism Board (BTB) is the legislated body designed to govern, enhance and promote the Belize tourism product. The BTB undertakes numerous strategic initiatives as well as the implementation of tourism policies to address the changing needs of the tourism industry. The organization’s goal is to ensure the socioeconomic growth of Belize through prudent, transparent and effective governance.
A progressive institution fostering responsible development of the tourism industry for the socio-economic growth of Belize through prudent, transparent and effective governance.
The Belize Tourism Board (BTB) is a strategic partner in marketing the Belize Tourism product, developing tourism initiatives and programs and implementing tourism policies, to address the changing needs of visitors and stakeholders.
- Tourism is a national priority designed to bring benefit to Belize and enhance the overall visitors’ experience;
- Appropriate balance among all sectors of the industry safeguards and secures Belize’s destination-positioning in the global tourism market;
- Tourism sector planning and management are based on partnerships, collaboration and creative approaches;
- Local communities play a meaningful role in the tourism sector, one that ensures economic, social and cultural benefits to each participating community;
- Integrate tourism policy and development programs with national economic, social, cultural and environmental policies;
- The tourism industry is developed with the integral involvement of the private sector;
- Tourism recognizes the importance of protecting Belize’s natural and cultural resources;