- August 21, 2019
- Posted by: Perry Bodden
The Software Developer is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and supporting software systems used by the Belize Tourism Board (BTB). The Software Developer is also required to assist in the design of software systems to be developed.
Applications with proof of qualifications, resume and two letters of recommendation should be submitted no later than 5:00pm on Monday, September 16th,2019 to:
Human Resources Department
Belize Tourism Board
Re: Software Developer
- Develop, test, and implement software to meet the needs of the BTB. This includes custom applications and reports.
- Meet with key stakeholders to define the business requirements and objectives of software systems to be developed and / or modified.
- Provide technical support and maintenance on software utilized by the BTB.
- Assist in the design and requirements gathering for software systems to be implemented at the BTB.
- Assist in performing review and analysis of existing software systems to determine necessary modifications to better meet the needs of the BTB.
- Maintain proper documentation on changes made to existing software systems.
- Adhere to the software development methodology adopted by the BTB.
- Train users with the use of implemented software systems.
- Perform related duties as may be assigned.
- Possess strong work ethics
- Diligent and detail oriented
- Team player and self-starter
- Qualifications: Education / Experience / Skills required of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information science, information technology, or a related information technology (IT) field.
- Competent in the use of programming languages to develop software systems.
- Good understanding of database concepts.
- Knowledge of current software development techniques and trends.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write detailed, professional, technical and non-technical reports.