Tourism Gold Standard Hotels
The Belize Tourism Board has launched the “Tourism Gold Standard” Recognition Program for hotels in the country. This 9-point program seeks to enhance the tourism industry’s health and safety standards by adapting new behaviours and procedures to ensure both employees and travellers are confident in the cleanliness and safety of Belize’s tourism product.
In this initial phase of reopening for international visitation, hotels approved for reopening will operate within a “tourism safe corridor”. Hotels approved to open within the safe corridor:
- Have achieved the Tourism Gold Standard Certificate of Recognition
In addition to the above, hotels will also be implementing:
- social distancing and the use of face masks while in public spaces;
- online check-in/out, contactless payment systems, and automated ordering/booking systems;
- hand sanitizing stations across the property;
- enhanced room cleaning and increase sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces;
- daily health checks for guests and employees;
- designated ‘Isolation/Quarantine rooms’ for suspected Covid-19 cases and action plans for handling suspected employees or guests.
Travellers will be able to enjoy their Belize vacation while being confident their safety is the hotel’s top priority.
Here is a list of the Gold Standard Hotels, to date:
Note: The Tourism Gold Standard Hotels listing is being updated daily, as the BTB continues to process applications, inspect hotels and approve new hotels for recognition into the Program. Our hotels have all raised the standard of health and safety protocols being implemented on their property, as we welcome back travelers to Belize.
powered by Advanced iFrame free. Get the Pro version on CodeCanyon.