- November 21, 2019
- Posted by: Perry Bodden
- Category: Community, News
Qualified Retired Persons (QRP) Renewing Advisory
Please be advised that all QRP Cards expire on December 31, 2019. Applications for renewal are now being accepted at the BTB’s Offices in Belize City and San Pedro.
Requirements for ALL RENEWING QRP Applicants
1. Completed Application Form (signed and dated) (N.B. Item 2(A) must include local address i.e. house/unit number, street address and district)
2. Terms and Conditions (signed and dated)
3. Annual statement from local domestic licensed financial institution satisfying the financial requirement for the year.
4. Certified copy of Passport Bio Page (only).
5. 2 Recent notarized/certified 2”x2” photographs as per Belize Immigration specifications*
6. Payment of BZ$50.00 Card Fee per person (upon approval of application)
*Photo Specification (as per Immigration)
1. White background photo must be in focus, with no red‐eye and no reflected light on the face
2. The head must be a straight position with face directly into the camera
3. A neutral facial expression must be maintained (no smiling or frowning)
4. The visibility of the eyes is important
5. Preferable no glasses, no shades.
Chapter 62, Section (6), of the Retired Persons (Incentives) Act states “Any person who knowingly makes any false declaration or entry in order to qualify for or retain any exemption or privilege granted under this Act commits an offence and shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding five thousand dollars”.
Application forms can be downloaded here or contact us at:
64 Regent Street
San Cas Building, Unit 5B
Tiggerfish Street, San Pedro Town